Solutions in the market are not designed for the elderly to operate them, nor cater to the vital combination of CPR & AED, they require:
• Lifting of the patient
• Removing upper garments
• Keeping airway clear
• Only prompt you to start CPR
• Keeping up with the robotic voice prompt instructions (no personal guidance)
• Getting to the phone in time to call the 911!
They are solutions for fast acting young, AND recently CPR trained individuals!
My target market is elderly couples that live on their own; as they are at the highest risk, the most likely to suffer from permanent brain damage, and the least physically capable to prevent such consequences.
We are living longer, more independent, yet not healthier.
Heart Aid, assume that you won’t
• Remember CPR training
• Have time to run to the phone & get the AED unit,
• Have the strength or time to remove the victims upper garments
CONCEPT: “As simple as a pillow and a blanket, and as familiar as tucking someone in!” Designed to be used in a cleverly familiar way; when someone at home is sick, we tuck them in with a pillow and a blanket!